Resources and Websites to Build Your Skills as an Audio Storyteller
- Transom: A US-based organisation run by Atlantic Public Media. The website is packed with blog posts and tutorials aimed at radio journalists and podcasters.
- NPR Training: A website managed by National Public Radio in the United States. It contains resources, tutorials, and guidance for radio journalists and podcasters.
- Rachel Corbett: Rachel is an Australian podcast expert. Her blog and newsletter are free and full of useful tips on all sorts of topics, from structuring a podcast script to choosing a microphone.
- How to start a podcast: Complete step-by-step guide: This guide is published by BuzzSprout, an audio-hosting site for podcasters. It is comprehensive and regularly updated.
- PodBean Academy: PodBean is another audio hosting site, and it has a free website full of tutorials, webinars, and live events.
- Podcasters’ Support Group: This is a private Facebook Group with more than 34,000 members. It’s a great space to connect with other podcasters and ask questions.
- Radio Days Europe: An annual conference for all audio storytellers – radio journalists, documentary makers, and podcasters.
Radio Days Asia: An annual conference for audio storytellers with similar content to Radio Days Europe, and a focus on the Asia-Pacific.